Sunday 11 October 2009

Our artists´voices......in silence!


All along the project, our young artists, as well as educators and volunteers, could write down their impressions on a note book at the rehearsal place or at our Bucharest home "Neghinita". I wish I had time to translate them all so that not only the kids can read what their friends have written and felt about the project, but also our readers from Germany and abroad. I promise to try and find the time to translate at least some extracts in the near future.

"It is a nice day, in which we want to enjoy being together as a group. I hope that we will have new energy on Monday after a nice and relaxing weekend, and that, surmounting minor problems, we will be able to accept each person as she is, and learn to see the beauty of each one.
For my part, I receive energy from each member of the group"
Anonymous

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Maria, I am from Codlea. I would like to thank Monique and Alexandra for organzing the Firebird, the first project of that kind and already a success. I had met lots of children from homes before, but not as nice ones. What we look like and how we think does not count as much as our heart. That you have everything does not mean that you have more qualities than someone who is poor but helps others who are like him.

I never thought we could give the best out of us. Dance has taught us what it means to work hard to reach what you really want. It has changed us a lot, especially our behaviour. We have gained self confidence. By dancing in front of such a large public, we have proved that we are capable, we have achieved that the publc be proud of us instead of rejecting us because we are from a children´s home and therefore naughts. We are not any different that anybody else and we also have our qualities.
With thanks and respect,"
Monica (17)



"Desi este a doua saptamina mi-am facut prieteni si am avut ocasia sa descoper cea mai incredibila parte din mine..."
Dorina (12)

"How to start, when there would be so much to say about this project, the best I have ever participated in. I became aware that, with efforts and determination, you can achieve whatever you want. It also taught me that, however different we are, we are all alike.
I fear the moment when we will depart from one another. I think I will talk about this project all my life and have the same strong feelings about it as now!"
Roxana (17)

"Dear diary,
"I am happy to get to know you and be able to tell you a few things about myself. To be honest, this project seemed extremely complicated to me at first, during the first days of work, until I realized that precisely work and concentration strengthen my personality and give me power. Whenever I succeed, I feel fulfilled. I could tell you a lot more about myself, but it is quite late now and I am exhausted....." Tonto(17)



"Good evening, diary,
"In the last few days, I felt much more concentrated. I am putting all my heart in this project to gather more experience for myself and have a better vision of the world, different from the one I had up to now.
I am happy with my new friends and friends who are "class-bests". I did not expect this project to involve so many emotions. It has changed my behaviour quite a bit. I started to feel the femininity inside me. This week, I have been asking myself what will happen when I leave this place, when it is all over, what will I do? How will I feel a week, a month after the Firebird has come to its end? It is hard to depart from such an experience. I asked myself if I could go on with this project, whereever I go. I got to like it. Before, whenever I heard about dance (ballet and so on) I would stick out my tongue and shake my head. I hated it. But now, the wheel has rotated. Things are much better. I feel that something in us has changed.
It´s been nice to meet you . Nico(17)

No comments:

Post a Comment