Friday 22 May 2009

Tedy Necula to film the project


Tedy Necula

I first met Tedy in 2004 when I attended the premiere of "Noro", a film where he had the main role - not an easy one since it was quite autobiographic. At the time when the film was produced he was only 12 years old.
A few weeks ago, while in Bucharest, I incidentally bumped into an interview in a magazine: a handsome young man with his big black eyes looking straight at you, Tedy is now studying Film production. I immediately thought I had to meet him again. A few hours later, I knew he was THE person we were looking for to produce the "making of" of the Firebird.
You don´t know him yet? Then, it´s time you did so by having a look at his webpage.

Like Oana Rotariu he is an example of the competence and enthusiasm of many promising Romanian youngsters who deserve attention and support. Like Oana, he is only 19 but has already an impressive curriculum vitae and an amazing maturity.
But since he already had his own mind with 12, the best thing is to let him speak for himself:

"My name is Tedy Necula. I am a Romanian independent film producer. I caught the virus at the age of eleven when I was given the opportunity to play in "Noro", a film realized by producer Radu Gabrea. Later on, I started making short films and constituted a team which developed rapidly.

I am happy that I got to know Monique Gruber and will be able to make my own contribution to this marvellous project by doing what I know how to do, that is filming!
This means, I´ll be in charge of filming this year´s project. I feel inspired by this fairy tale and extremely enthusiastic about the message which the project contains. Both the tale and the project are powerful subjects for a film.

Through the films which will be presenting the project as well as some extra features, I intend to illustrate the objective pursued by its initiators. Our films will be about human values and about our personal, social and cultural development through creativity and teamwork.

Each and every single one of us has in himself a dancing Firebird that has the ability to liberate him from the burden of his frustrations, complexes, marginalisation or discrimination. We will be like a miniature illustration of the whole world.
Our films will be about people, about youngsters: diverse AND different, courageous, tall or small, shy or bold, easy going or bursting with energy, but ALL: EAGER TO LIVE.....
All of them are ARTISTS..... all of US are artists..... provided each of us discovers the "Firebird" inside him.

That´s why my creative team and myself we are happy to sustain and be part of this great adventure!

1 comment: